Opinion on the draft law on Local Government Service
We invite you to read the recent Council of Europe opinion on the draft law on service in local self-government bodies (No. 6504), CEGG/LEX(2022)1 of 5 August 2022.
The document was prepared by the Centre of Expertise for Good Governance, Department of Democracy and Governance, Directorate General II – Democracy of the Council of Europe within the Programme “Enhancing decentralisation and public administration reform in Ukraine”, in response to a request of the Specialised Parliamentary Committee on Local Self-Government.
This draft law represents an important step towards harmonising the civil service in central government with that in local self-governments. Its adoption would lead to improvements compared to the current situation. However, several areas of concern remain, where further action should be considered.
- Opinion on the draft law on Local Government Service
- Methodical recommendations: labour relations in local authorities under martial law
- Open school co-working spaces: how and why to create them in Ukrainian communities
- Methodological Recommendations for Hiring, Transferring and Dismissal of Different Categories of Local Government Employees under Martial Law
- Public Transportation in the Kyiv Metropolitan Area: a Round table on European practice
- Roadmap for Local Self-Government Recovery in Ukraine